Call for Papers #18
The Paradigm of the Archive in Contemporary Narrative and Visual Culture
On January 31, 2017, we publish the CFP for the eighteenth issue of 452°F. Journal of Literary Theory and Comparative Literature, to be published on January 31, 2018. The CFP is open and addressed to anyone who wishes to contribute and who holds a BA degree.
The following criteria regulates the reception and publication of all works in line with the peer review system, the style sheet and the legal notice, which may be accessed in the Procedures section (www.452f.com).
– Deadline for submissions is July 31, 2017. Any articles received after this date will not be considered for this issue.
– To be considered for the peer review process, articles must follow the rules described in the style sheet: http://452f.com/en/manual-estilo12.html
– The number of articles included in the sixteenth issue will range from 8 to 12. Articles will be divided according to the field of interest, in the corresponding section of the journal (monographic or miscellaneous).
– The monographic section will be restricted to 4 to 8 articles and, in the sixteenth issue will bring together a body of texts dealing with the topic “The Paradigm of the Archive in Contemporary Narrative and Visual Culture”. A non-exhaustive list of topics includes:
- Dialogues between contemporary narrative and philosophical approaches to the archive.
- Dialogues between contemporary visual culture and the materiality and instrumentalization of archives.
- Debates around the notion of archive in relation to avant-garde experiences in literature and art.
- Relationship of the paradigmatic thinkers on the archive and contemporary perspectives.
- Explorations around the relationship between memory, archive and history in literature and visual culture
- The configuration of personal archives, family albums, and autobiography in contemporary narrative and visual culture.
– All other articles will constitute the miscellaneous section. The theme and approach is open, within the boundaries of Literary Theory and Comparative Literature.
– For online submissions and editorial guidelines, please follow the instructions at:
Call for reviews
452°F is also accepting reviews to be published in a section of the journal devoted to newly published books.
– Reviews must be original and unpublished.
– Books reviewed should be of new or recent (last 2 years) publication, and cover issues relating to Literary Theory, Literary Criticism and/or Comparative Literature.
– We would also consider reviews of relevant new editions or translations related to the field of study.
– Format, notes, quotations and references should follow the criteria of the journal’s style sheet.
– Reviews should include a title, the citation of the book and the number of pages, and will not contain an abstract or keywords.
– Reviews should not exceed 1500 words.
– Please send your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org
Barcelona, January 31, 2017 Editorial board, 452oF